How to submit your ETD
- Connect to the Internet
- Login to ProQuest Submission URL
- Fill out the form according to the instructions provided
- Preview and make certain all information is correct
- Browse and submit your ETD and associated multimedia files
- Select "Submit" to submit to the Graduate School
- You will see a web page indicating that your ETD arrived and awaits review
Steps in the ETD Submission Process
The ETD Cycle
When you pass your defense...
ProQuest submission steps
- Student goes to the ProQuest Graduate School website
- Student chooses "Submit Your Dissertation/Thesis"
- Student reads submission guidelines
- Student reads PQIL release
- Student enters contact information
- Student enters thesis metadata (e.g. title, advisor, abstract, etc.)
- Student uploads full text
- Student chooses whether ProQuest/UMI will file copyright and enters additional data
- Student chooses whether to order additional copies of thesis or dissertation (optional)
- Student reviews order and enters data. This will show any copyright or publication fees charged
- Student reviews uploaded data and may revise if desired
Requirements for Submitting the ETD
Required Paper Documents for ETD
Submit the following documents to the Graduate School:
Cost: Payable by credit card at the time of submission
Submit your ETD in pdf to the Graduate School by the deadline.
For Technical Assistance, you may contact ProQuest.
To order bound copies of your thesis / dissertation, please contact the SIUC University Bookstore at 618-536-3321. For this service, you would print your approved document and take the printed pages to the University Bookstore to arrange for binding. Allow about one month.
To order bound copies from ProQuest, place the order when you make your first ETD submission. For this service, ProQuest will print your approved ETD after it receives all submissions (4-8 weeks after graduation). After ProQuest receives submission, allow another 4 weeks.
After graduation, your ETD will be forwarded to OpenSIUC and will be available for on-campus viewing. If you would like to make your ETD globally available/Open Access (with no charge to you), reply to the OpenSIUC email that you will receive 4-6 weeks after graduation. For more information, visit https://opensiuc.lib.siu.edu/.
For any questions or concerns regarding ETDs, please contact ETDSupport@siu.edu.