Dates and Deadlines
SEPTEMBER 11 – Deadline to apply for December graduation via Salukinet.
NOVEMBER 6 – Deadline to submit thesis/ dissertation/ research paper for initial format check. (REQUIRED)
NOVEMBER 13 – Deadline to submit final, approved version of thesis/ dissertation/ research paper. (REQUIRED)
FEBRUARY 5 – Deadline to apply for May graduation via Salukinet.
APRIL 2 – Deadline to submit thesis/ dissertation/ research paper for initial format check. (REQUIRED)
APRIL 9 – Deadline to submit final, approved version of thesis/ dissertation/ research paper. (REQUIRED)
News and Messages:
- ELECTIVE PASS/NOPASS GRADING FOR FALL 2020 (S/U FOR GRAD STUDENTS) – Follow this link for more information, and be sure to click on the red “Elective Pass/NoPass Grading Information” link in the middle of the screen. Pay attention to information regarding possible impact of choosing S/U on financial aid, probation, and satisfactory progress).
- In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Graduate School has made following changes:
- Associate Dean and Director’s Message
- SIU Graduate programs earn national recognition
- A special COVID-19 safety message from the kids at the SIU Evaluation and Developmental Center (EDC) – Tips for protecting yourself and others (Video).
- November is Native American Heritage Month!
“It is a time to educate the public about our diverse and beautiful culture, to celebrate the important contributions Native people have made to our society and to raise awareness about the challenges we face today, not just historically.” said Krista English, one of the Native American Heritage Month organizers and a member of Montana’s Assiniboine tribe, also known as the Nakoda. Read more.
- Graduate School Anti-Racist Learning Group
Graduate Students are invited to participate via Microsoft Teams, to learn about racism and how to be anti-racist and work toward eradicating systemic racism. Meetings will be held on Thursdays, 5:00 – 6:00 pm, October 15 – November 19.. If interested, send an email to Dr. Rose Moroz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Collection to Support the Saluki Food Pantry
The Graduate School will be collecting donations to the Saluki Food Pantry from October 22 until November 20. Collection boxes are located in the Student Services Building lobby and on the third floor. For more information, contact Dr. Rose Moroz at email@example.com.
THE SIU GRADUATE EXPERIENCE
Visit SALUKI STORIES to watch short videos featuring exceptional SIU graduate students who have discovered, engaged, and transformed within their various fields of study.