(Formerly Speech Communication)
- M.A. in Communication Studies
- Ph.D. in Communication Studies
- *Theater Applicants - For M.F.A. admission, apply to the Theater department. For Ph.D. level admission, apply to the Communication Studies Ph.D. program and note a specialization in Theater on the departmental application. ALL theater applicants (MFA and PhD) should contact Professor Mark Varns in Theater for information about the application process and procedures. 618-453-5747 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Fee - $65
- GRE - 600/250/100 TOEFL required for all international students
- Fall - January 15
- Applications accepted for Fall ONLY. Theater applicants can apply for any term.
Areas of Interest -
- Communication Pedagogy - M.A., Ph.D.
- Gender, Sexuality and Communication - M.A., Ph.D.
- intercultural Communication - M.A., Ph.D.
- Interpersonal Communication - M.A., Ph.D.
- Performance Studies - M.A., Ph.D.
- Rhetoric and Philosophy of Communication - M.A., Ph.D.
- Theater - M.A.
- Theater-Playwriting - Ph.D.
- Theater-History and Critism - Ph.D.
Departmental Contact Information
Ms. Laura Sims
Communications Room 2008
Mailcode - 6605
Carbondale, IL 62901
Ready to get started?
For questions or more information, call
618-536-7791 or email email@example.com.
Application process for:
Cost and Financial Assistance
Graduate education at Southern Illinois is very affordable. Costs include tuition (per credit hour) and fees. There are many forms of financial assistance available: Assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships which can include a partial or full waiver of tuition costs (fees cannot be waived). Most forms of financial aid are given for a semester or year at a time.