(Formerly Speech Communication)
- M.A. in Communication Studies
- Ph.D. in Communication Studies
- *Theater Applicants - For M.F.A. admission, apply to the Theater department. For Ph.D. level admission, apply to the Communication Studies Ph.D. program and note a specialization in Theater on the departmental application. ALL theater applicants (M.F.A. and Ph.D.) should contact Professor Jacob Juntunen in Theater (phone: 618-453-5747 or email: email@example.com) for information about the application process and procedures.
Application Fee - $65
- GRE - optional. Students wishing to be considered for fellowships with the Graduate School should submit GRE scores.
- 600/250/100 TOEFL required for all international students
- Fall - January 1
- Applications accepted for Fall ONLY. Theater applicants can apply for any term.
Areas of Interest -
- Intercultural Communication and Pedagogy - M.A., Ph.D.
- Gender, Sexuality and Communication - M.A., Ph.D.
- Performance Studies - M.A., Ph.D.
- Rhetoric and Society - M.A., Ph.D.
- Theater - M.A.
- Theater-Playwriting - Ph.D.
- Theater-History and Criticism - Ph.D.
Departmental Contact Information
Ms. Laura Sims
Communications Room 2008
Mailcode - 6605
Carbondale, IL 62901
Ready to get started?
For questions or more information, please call 618-536-7791 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application process for:
Cost and Financial Assistance
Graduate education at Southern Illinois is very affordable. Costs include tuition (per credit hour) and fees. There are many forms of financial assistance available: Assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships which can include a partial or full waiver of tuition costs (fees cannot be waived). Most forms of financial aid are given for a semester or year at a time.