Collaborative Tuition Waiver
SIU System Collaborative Tuition Waiver Option for Graduate Assistants
Effective with the spring 2023 semester, Graduate Assistants at SIU Carbondale can request to utilize their tuition waiver to enroll in a course at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) or the SIU School of Medicine (SOM).
The below conditions apply to the tuition waiver:
- The Collaborative Tuition Waiver Request Form must be fully completed, approved, and submitted as indicated on the form.
- Students must apply to SIUE as an Unclassified (Non-Degree Seeking) graduate student. Students may request a waiver of the application fee by emailing email@example.com with the completed Collaborative Tuition Waiver Request Form attached.
- The course being taken at the visiting campus must be approved to count in transfer towards the current SIUC graduate program by the SIUC Graduate Program Director.
- Student must satisfy course prerequisites.
- Although the tuition waiver will cover tuition charges, students are still responsible for fee charges. (If SIUC students take a course at SIUE that is an on-campus, face-to-face course, they might need to request a waiver for the student health insurance fee at SIUE, starting fall 2023. See SIUE Tuition and Fees for more information.
- Enrollment in the course is dependent upon approval by the graduate program director at the visiting institution.
- Credit hours taken at the visiting institution are eligible to count towards SIUC’s minimum enrollment requirements for GA eligibility.
- Courses taken at the visiting institution are considered transfer courses, and thus all transfer policies and procedures apply, including the need to request an official transcript be sent to SIUC following course completion.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS must consult with and obtain approval from their SIUC immigration advisor to ensure VISA compliance.
Questions may be directed to Dr. Rose Moroz, Assistant Dean of the Graduate School, firstname.lastname@example.org.